Neck Pain Treatment in Fairfax VA
Neck Pain Specialist
Neck pain is a common problem that can cause chronic discomfort and stiffness. The pain can be caused by a variety of things, including poor posture, stress, and injuries. If left untreated, neck pain can lead to chronic problems and decreased mobility.
Chiropractic treatment is one of the most effective ways to treat chronic neck pain and discomfort. Chiropractic care is not only for back discomfort, as many people believe. Chiropractors are experts at diagnosing and treating spinal misalignments, which can cause chronic neck pain. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques, including manual adjustments, to restore proper alignment and relieve pain.
Dr. Gregory Lee DC is a highly skilled and experienced chiropractor who has helped countless patients find relief from neck pain. This page provides information on neck pain treatment. Call us at 703-373-7113 to book an appointment.
Long Term Problems Due to Ignoring Neck Pain
Temporary Pain Relief for Neck Pain
Quick remedies for minor neck pain:
- Have a partner gently massage the affected area of the neck
- Use warm pads or hot water bottles to compress the pain area
- The use of ice packs can also be helpful
- Avoid the use of a pillow for the time being, or use a specialized neck pillow
- Take an oral medication like ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain relief
Treatment for Neck Pain
X-rays, CT scans & MRI scans can help your doctor diagnose problems with your muscles and nerves. Based on the test results, your neck pain doctor will carry out some of the following treatments of the neck pain:
- Stretching and physical therapy
- Lifestyle changes
- Heat and ice
What is chiropractic neck manipulation?
It is a neck manipulation procedure that involves the adjustment of the upper 7 vertebrae of the spinal column.
These steps are mostly used by a chiropractor and osteopathic physicians. Osteopathic doctors practice osteopathic manipulation.
Awards & Recognition
Verified Patient Reviews
Book an Appointment
Please use the booking tool below to request an appointment. Our patient care coordinator will call you shortly to discuss your symptoms and finalize your appointment.
How do we treat neck pain?
Frequently Asked Questions About Neck Pain
Medicare and many insurances cover treatment for neck pain. Please call our office so we can verify your insurance coverage for neck pain.
You can instantly loosen the stiff neck muscles by using the forward and backward tilt procedure:
- Firstly, place your head squarely above your shoulder and keep your back straight
- Gently lower your chin toward your chest and hold for 15-30 seconds
- Relax, and gently raise your head straight back up
- Move your chin up gently towards the ceiling and bring the back of your skull towards your back
- Severally, repeat the process
The Neck knot is also known as the trigger point. It’s usually the area of tense muscles. The following will help remove the neck knot:
- The use of a hot water bottle or warm pads on the affected area
- The use of ice packs can also be handy. It helps to reduce inflammation.
- Repetitive upward and downward movement of the shoulder towards the ear
- Cobra pose and cat-cow yoga pose
- The use of some over-the-counter drugs such as; ibuprofen and paracetamol
There are numerous causes for the pain on the left side of your neck. It’s usually a muscle strain in your neck. A sore neck can be due to bad placement of your head while sleeping, which has stressed the tendons and muscles in that position. However, the side doesn’t actually count.
The neck is an important part of the body as the arteries in the neck are quite fragile. However, having an incompetent therapist massage can cause serious problems such as; stroke or harm the blood vessels. It’s very advisable to go to therapists recommended by the doctor in Fairfax, VA.
A chiropractor’s work is to make sure the joints in your neck are well aligned. However, in this process, the chiropractor is likely to pull your neck. Provided the person is a professional, you need not worry.
Yes, most neck pain is a result of a serious injury. After the practice of the temporary solutions and the neck pain persists after ten days. It’s surely a serious problem that needs immediate medical attention from a doctor.
Make sure you immediately seek a doctor’s attention if the neck was a result of an accident, fall, or the likes of such an occurrence. Once your neck pain resists medication after 3 days, you should definitely seek a doctor’s advice.
A pillow that is not well placed under your head and neck can cause neck muscle tension, thereby causing neck pain. A memory foam or feather pillows are most recommendable, allowing for a neutral neck and spine.
A pain in the neck can be as a result of a non serious problem. Sometimes, it’s usually an early sign of neck cancer. neck cancer is usually accompanied with symptoms such as; swelling, sore and lump.